The Fire Gem (in Tagalog: Brilyante ng Apoy) is one of the four elemental gems cleaved from the Mother Gem. It is ruby-red and has the shape of a teardrop. The kingdom of Hathoria is the keeper of the Fire Gem.
It chose Diwani Deshna of Hathoria, daughter of Rama Hagorn of Hathoria and Hara (de facto) LilaSari of Lireo, as its new master possibly due to her dominant Hathor royal blood - being a descendant of Rama Arvak of Hathoria - and her feisty personality just like her edea Pirena.
It is the only known Gem that freely chose its keepers twice: Hara Pirena of Hathoria and Diwani Deshna of Hathoria.
The keeper of the Fire Gem is granted fire-based powers.
Some powers of the Fire Gem:
- Shoot fire
- Deprive a place of heat and light, causing winter and darkness.
- Shapeshifting (Pirena retained the ability even without the possession of the gem)
- Locate Encantados through the heat of their blood.
- Bless others with quick wit to be able to adapt quickly to the ways of humans while living in their realm.
- Increase a person or an object's temperature
- Take away consciousness of a person ("fire of life")
- Inflict burns on faces
- Keep something hidden
- Give warning about nearby explosives
After Cassiopea divided the Mother Gem into four parts, she gave the Fire Gem to the Hathors of Hathoria. The Fire Gem has greatly helped Hathoria's smiths to harness its "red metal" to produce high quality edge and projectile weapons for the kingdom's wars.
Pirena believed that her mother Minea cheated her in the contest for the succession to the throne. Pirena challenged her mother to a duel, accepting her defeat should she lose and being the queen should she win. Her mother ends the battle prematurely. Angered, Pirena tried to steal the four gems, but only the Fire Gem came with her. Unknown to her, her Hathor lineage, being a granddaughter of its original keeper, Arvak, allowed her to gain access to the gem.
Pirena teleported away to Hathoria with the gem to connive with King Hagorn to help her take over Lireo. This gesture prompted Minea to pass on the remaining gems to her other children.
After many years, Cassiopea sought the Pedestal to help her in finding the new Gem masters, the Fire Gem chose Diwani Deshna of Hathoria to become its new master.
- It was claimed that the Fire Gem was transferred to Danaya when Pirena died, but this is not shown in any of the aired episodes and can be considered non-canonical. Off-screen transfers are highly suspect, given that all gem transfers have been shown explicitly.
- In the original series, the Fire Gem's kambal diwa, Alipato, has the power to resurrect the dead.
- ↑ Several members of the Hathor royal family had held this gem, such as Arvak, Hagorn and Pirena. When Cassiopea asked the Fire Gem symbol to look for a new master, it chose Deshna.
- ↑ Episode 160
- ↑ Episode 1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Episode 11
- ↑ Episode 28
- ↑ Episode 33
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Episode 42
- ↑ Episode 60
- ↑ Episode 119
- ↑ Episode 191
- ↑ Episode 195
- ↑ Episode 202
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/EncantadiaSAGA/photos/a.849078991809395.1073741829.844615115589116/1393752240675398/?type=3&comment_id=1393789004005055
|Keepers of the Fire Gem|
|Cassiopea | Arvak | Raquim | Minea | Pirena | Hagorn | Pirena | Amihan | Pirena | Hagorn | Pirena | Hagorn | Pirena | Cassiopea | Pirena|
|Mother Gem |
Fire Gem | Air Gem | Water Gem | Earth Gem | Soul Gem
|Characters | Episodes | Groups | Locations | Gems |
Weapons | Objects | Languages | Powers | Culture | Positions